Designed for graphical applications on end-user systems.
Don't need graphics? Download REBOL/Core
How to Run It
- Download it. Takes just a few seconds over DSL.
- Run the file. Installation is optional but has advantages.
- Read the security notes below! Important.
These packages provide only the executable program. The documents are here.
If you discover a setup problem, please contact us. (We won't know if you don't tell us.)
|Microsoft Windows||184.108.40.206.1||1-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-3-1.exe||0.8 MB|
|Apple OS X PPC||220.127.116.11.4||8-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-2-4.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
|Apple OS X Intel||18.104.22.168.5||2-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-2-5.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
|Linux x86 Libc6||22.214.171.124.2||2-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-4-2.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
|Linux x86 Fedora||126.96.36.199.3||6-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-4-3.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
|FreeBSD x86 (elf)||188.8.131.52.2||11-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-7-2.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
|OpenBSD x86 4.0||184.108.40.206.4||9-Jan-2011||rebol-view-278-9-4.tar.gz||0.6 MB|
- Not familiar with tar.gz? Here's how to unpack a tar.gz and run the program.
- Here's how we do version numbering in REBOL.
- For custom support and bug fixes see REBOL Development, Consulting, and Support.
- Older versions are here
- REBOL EULA (end user license)
By default REBOL enforces file security. For new users, this may seem restrictive, but it's worthwhile because it helps keep you system safe.
Here are the basics you need to know:
- A security requestor will pop up if a script tries to create or modify any file outside of the public "sandbox" directory.
- Do not allow scripts that you have no reason to trust!
- For your own scripts or ones you trust, you can run REBOL with -s option to disable security. You can make this an editor command or icon shortcut for easy operations.
- See the secure function if you want to restrict access to specific sandbox file directories.