REBOL 3 Change Log: 2009 Part 1
View.exe 2.100.65 29-June-2009
A64 introduced a serious problem with modules. This release fixes those problems. (Tests have been added to prevent such regression in future builds.)
- 0801 Should image! be a part of series! ?
- 0996 REPEAT does not work on images
- 0998 MOLD/ALL of module yields only the header
- 1000 new function SINGLE? leaves out IMAGE! datatype for its argument
- 1002 MAKE ERROR! [CODE: integer] behaves erratically
- 1003 MOLD/ALL of error with code < 100 leaves out the closing ]
- 1004 LOAD refuses molded errors with codes < 100 (declared a feature, with a better error)
- 1005 BODY-OF, WORDS-OF and VALUES-OF module return the header
- 1006 SPEC-OF module returns none
- 1007 Path notation broken for modules
The image! type has also been added back into the series! typeset. Be sure to test series functions with image! values, there will likely be problems.
View.exe 2.100.64 29-June-2009
Warning: due to various changes this build may not be stable.
- 0685 Rejoining a large block of text causes an Assertion Failure
- 0834 file scheme not recognized in form of url
- 0837 UNIQUE/DIFFERENCE/INTERSECT/UNION should accept binaries as parameter
- 0875 SINGLE? function: Returns true when series length is 1
- 0889 conversion of error value to object still useful
- 0890 BIND word object acts like BIND/new even when it isn't supposed to
- 0933 REMOVE on bitset gives strange error message; REMOVE/PART on bitset needs explanation
- 0936 ROUND/to integer! .1
- 0953 Crash on large reduced blocks.
- 0971 conversion MONEY! PERCENT! works only one way
- 0975 PROBE MAKE ERROR! 1 causes crash
- 0977 PROTECT and UNPROTECT bitset!
- 0979 New wording for /only function doc strings
- 0982 TO MAP! with integer argument works like MAKE MAP!, unlike similar cases
- 0983 REMOLD could usefully be formulated with APPLY, so that refinements of MOLD are applicable
- 0985 set-theoretical operations do not work on blocks of datatype values
- 0986 MAKE EVENT! should accept event value
- 0987 MAKE TYPESET! should allow typeset value
- 0989 MOLD/ALL of GOB! value leaves out final ]
- 0990 LOAD refuses serialized event
- 0991 Another mention of end! in error message, this time for wrong #[date! ...]
- 0992 LOAD refuses serialized gob
- 0993 Applying MAKE to a "model value" instead of a type: a strange error message
View.exe 2.100.63 26-June-2009
For testing console line editing and history. This change makes testing from within the console a lot easier because you can recall and edit prior input lines.
Updated: 27-June-2009: fixes terminal attribute reset on script exit.
Only available for OS X and Linux at this time.
- This is a temporary solution until the console input handler is written in REBOL itself.
- This is a massively simplified line handler. It includes arrow up, down, left, and right, and home and end, as well as ctrl-a, b, e, and f.
- It understands the most common TERM type escaped encodings. Others may not work properly.
- UTF-8 is not yet supported. Chars out of ASCII range are currently ignored.
- It is likely there are still be bugs related to things like long lines. (And, line length limit is about 4K).
- Input redirection could be a problem. We need to detect that condition and read input directly from the stream.
- Carl will post the C source code if anyone is interested in adding UTF-8. It should be possible to do so with about one more page of C code.
Other changes: 968 SAME? action not defined for map! 969 STRICT-EQUAL? action not defined for map! 970 STRICT-NOT-EQUAL? action not defined for map!
View.exe 2.100.62 24-June-2009
Fixes HTTP. Normal alpha testing can resume. Please read notes below regarding binary datatypes changes.
View.exe 2.100.61 23-June-2009
SPECIAL TEST RELEASE -- updated binary conversion -- not for general use. See notes for A60.
Fixes binary for: INSERT action FIND action TAKE action LAST native PARSE native (more to do, but simple things work). FOREACH native REMOVE-EACH native
Not all cases tested yet. More testing required.
HTTP works better, but still has some issues.
View.exe 2.100.60 23-June-2009
SPECIAL TEST RELEASE -- partial conversion -- not for general use.
This build removes binary! from the any-string! typeset. This change affects natives and mezzanine functions that once allowed binary as a string.
When you boot, you will see this message:
*** WARNING *** This is a special build that removes BINARY! from the ANY-STRING! typeset. This change affects many native and mezzanine functions. This build is just one step in the conversion process. It will break many existing R3 scripts, so we suggest that you do not make this version your default R3 program. More work is needed. The discussion related to this change can be found at: http://www.rebol.net/r3blogs/0209.html ALSO: DO NOT REPORT BINARY BUGS TO CURECODE! If you find a problem, note it on Chat 1315 (R3/datatypes/binary!) thread for now.
Note that all string and binary datatypes may produce different results. Some results are correct, but many will not be.
A partial list of functions that are affected:
any-string! typeset! [string! file! email! url! tag! issue!] any-string? function! Return TRUE if value is any type of string. ascii? native! Returns TRUE if value or string is in ASCII c... checksum native! Computes a checksum, CRC, or hash. dehex native! Converts URL-style hex encoded (%xx) strings. deline native! Converts string terminators to standard forma... detab native! Converts tabs in a string to spaces (default ... dir? native! Returns true if file is a directory. enline native! Converts standard string terminators to curre... entab native! Converts spaces in a string to tabs (default ... foreach native! Evaluates a block for each value(s) in a seri... latin1? native! Returns TRUE if value or string is in Latin-1... lowercase native! Converts string of characters to lowercase. (... parse native! Parses a series according to rules. remove-each native! Removes values for each block that returns tr... reword function! Substitutes values into a template string, re... split function! Split a series into pieces; fixed or variable... uppercase native! Converts string of characters to uppercase. (...
And these functions have been removed:
as-binary native! Coerces any type of string into a binary! dat... as-string native! Coerces any type of string into a string! dat...
We also temporarily removed the HTTP scheme because it requires modification due to its use of binary for network transfers. (Source code for HTTP can be found on chat #27. Type: get prot-http.r to download it.)
View.exe 2.100.59 23-June-2009
- 0477 TO-PATH molds NONE
- 0648 DELINE ignores /lines option (makes it easier to do R2 read/lines style string splitting, very fast)
- 0873 Pick index overflow
- 0878 TO-DATE is not restrictive enough with block!
- 0951 MAKE LOGIC! 0% is TRUE, same for $0 and $0.0
- 0956 TO-DECIMAL string! should generate an error on trailing %, like TO-INTEGER
- 0957 TO-MONEY string! should generate an error on trailing non-numeric characters, like TO-INTEGER
- 0961 unset bypasses protect
View.exe 2.100.58 21-June-2009
- Additional fixes to money, random, and round.
- Words made more restrictive (e.g. /1 refinement, words with invalid chars (":") no longer allowed). Let us know if they have become too strict.
- Minor tweaks to SAVE, DO-NEEDS, IMPORT, CAUSE-ERROR, ARRAY.
- Significant reduction in overhead of REWORD.
- 0397 MAP! behavior changes with size
- 0607 INPUT of empty line.
- 0733 numerical refinements have type any-word! => inconsistency
- 0743 numerical refinement allowed in function spec -- should be error
- 0893 Colon allowed at end of lit-word or get-word -- is confusing
- 0897 MOLD/ALL should use DECIMAL-DIGITS = 17
- 0898 to module! with empty block gives curious error message
- 0899 to module! with argument a single object crashes
- 0901 DO/next  'a should set 'a to 
- 0902 DO/next doesn't pass /next to system/intrinsic/do
- 0903 DO of offset block with operator at current position ==> interpreter crash
- 0905 operator for strict-not-equal?
- 0906 Error 1219 (assertion failed) on words-of (handle)
- 0909 CAUSE-ERROR with a function arg inlines the function spec, should insert as block
- 0910 RANDOM could work on vectors
- 0911 RANDOM with time! argument does not "zero out" a fraction of seconds
- 0912 RANDOM with argument any-path! produces block!
- 0918 NATIVE native is not unset after system start
- 0925 to-pair block does not work
- 0926 to module! is missing datatype validation
- 0927 end! crops up in another error message: prompted by make utype! 
- 0932 Random/seed versus string
- 0934 FUNCT/with adds 'self to the locals, making the object inaccessible
- 0940 #[map! 0] crashes
- 0943 serialized vector value not recognized
- 0945 round/to currency .1
- 0946 some limits testing on money/binary
View.exe 2.100.57 17-June-2009
This release focuses on various math changes and math-related bug fixes.
- The RANDOM function has been totally re-written for both integer and decimal results. The results should be cleaner and also span a larger range (62 bits for integers, uniform distribution for decimals). See RANDOM for more details.
- The ROUND function has been converted to a native (datatype action) and no longer a mezzanine. This makes it faster, gives it more capability/precision, and it now works on high-precision math (HPM, money datatype).
- A few fixes have been made to money (HPM) and string molding.
- Conversions to and from binary to money are now possible. Don't use this if you don't really need it. We export it mainly for test purposes.
- Changes in math output conversion to make it easier (we hope) to port to other platforms.
View.exe 2.100.56 9-June-2009
- Various changes related to decimal and money datatypes to fix a few "precision bugs". This also includes rounding drifts found in SINE and other functions that caused some standard tests to miss their expected results.
- System/options/decimal-digits should now work, but it remains set to 15. This is a debatable value. Although good for young students who don't want to see messy floating point results, it's not a good thing for LOAD MOLD cycling because of propagation of errors due to rounded results.
- REDUCE and COMPOSE support INSERT style chaining when using /into. This makes sense. In many cases it would be quite difficult to know the end-points of the computed insertions (due to the degree of computation that can happen in REDUCE.)
- Updates to FUNCT and DO. DO/next now works more like REDUCE/into, which can simplify some code but it is not R2 compatible.
View.exe 2.100.55 28-May-2009
Many changes, some of which have important impact. Watch for new problems.
These tickets were fixed or implemented:
- 0161 sort ignores /compare
- 0356 --do startup option not yet implemented.
- 0506 Add /into option to REDUCE and COMPOSE.
- 0528 INFO? gives wrong result for large files
- 0552 WRITE does not update file size (EOF position)
- 0608 PICK and POKE of strings have off-by-one error with indexes < 1.
- 0624 FIND file with file fails
- 0627 Easier help string for APPLY func parameter
- 0681 SORT/case sorts incorrectly.
- 0700 Incorrect display of issue! after inserting string!
- 0720 sort/compare does not work with function!
- 0721 sort/compare should admit action! and native! types in addition to function!
- 0756 MOLD of unsigned vector doesn't show 'unsigned in result
- 0758 pick admits too many types for its series argument
- 0761 to object! generates wrong error for bad input
- 0763 make logic!  now false, was true in R2
- 0767 copy allows any-function! as argument, but crashes when copying actions
- 0812 clear on port leaves length? unchanged
- 0814 append broken for self-append
- 0816 repend does not work on images and ports, append does
- 0817 inserting an inappropriate value into image gives error, but inserts anyway
- 0819 unique could work on typesets too
- 0821 Unbind /deep
- 0822 TRY/except for more precise error handling
- 0823 pick on bitsets with index true or false yields none, should give error?
- 0825 TRIM /head and /tail on block
- 0830 Have MOLD of event! return information about the event
- 0831 length? could allow any-word! instead of just word
- 0833 Integer Abs overflow
- 0835 Export the error message catalog.
- 0836 #[unset!] constructor not working
- 0840 setting error category to none then making new error crashes system
- 0842 Improve the output format for help typeset!
- 0843 make (user) error produces slightly inconsistent results with different specs
- 0845 #[none!] does not work, #[none] does
- 0846 Break/return fails inside make object! spec
- 0847 Catch/throw fails inside make object! spec
- 0848 Return fails inside make object! spec
- 0849 Complement tests fail for logic! values
- 0853 Copy/part test fails for the minimal 32-bit integer
- 0856 Insert/part test fails for the minimal 32-bit integer
- 0857 String Pick incompatible with block Pick
- 0858 Load is incompatible with Mold for [ < ]
- 0860 MOLD of circular block crashes
- 0862 Throw error test crashes
- 0863 Path constructor yields integer
- 0864 TRANSCODE/only does not accept all constructors
- 0865 to-block on a vector or any-object could give the components instead of the single value
- 0866 empty serialized value gives curious error message
- 0868 MOLD of empty path adds extra end bracket
- 0869 end! is part of any-type! (was not the case in earlier releases)
- Logic named bit-flags removed. Benefit was unproven and not useful.
View.exe 2.100.54 14-May-2009
Fixes to various problems related to images, supported function arguments, and various functions:
- 0344 append make image! 1x1 red not affecting image
- 0487 PICK should not work on EVENT! and MONEY!
- 0504 make image! ignores red and green values
- 0577 Pick! help does not reflect behaviour
- 0581 help should show ports in the same way as objects
- 0752 RebDev: Responding without showing prior message, gives incorrect message ID.
- 0764 tail? accepts bitset! value as argument, but refuses to operate on it
- 0768 improvements to native!/action! spec-blocks
- 0770 Allow empty? to test on empty map
- 0772 ZERO? does not work for date!
- 0774 map should allow char! as key type
- 0776 POKE object! allowed in spec, doesn't work
- 0778 copy does not work on gobs, although spec allows it
- 0779 RebDev: OD command does not support OSX
- 0780 spec of suffix? contradicts description (and putative purpose)
- 0782 Bitsets are not series, should be removed from the series! typeset.
- 0783 on images, append does not work, but insert tail does (more or less)
- 0784 on images, insert does not allow a block of RGBA tuples, creating inconsistent data
- 0785 on images, inserting disallowed values gives error, but inserts something anyhow
- 0786 inconsistent spec of /part refinement in series operations
- 0787 repend inconsistent with append
- 0788 sort does not work on ports although spec allows it
- 0789 cleaner distinction (or more similarity) between insert and append
- 0790 RebDev: Replying to a private message that I sent to someone, sends it to myself.
- 0791 find and alter do not work on ports, although spec allows it
- 0795 CHANGE doesn't accept anymore images as second parameter
- 0796 upgrade throws an error on call
- 0799 Typeset! and set operations
- 0805 clear applied to bitsets and maps always clears entire value, should be documented
- 0808 pick (and first/second) and poke still allow money! for their value type
- 0813 Crash on SECURE quit
View.exe 2.100.53 12-May-2009
This release mainly focuses on encapsulation and security in preparation for plugin features.
- HTTP port scheme modularized (see blog note)
- FUNCT /with object definition argument added.
- SECURE changed to use FUNCT/with (to define its sub-functions.)
- SECURE moved from mezz-ports.r to mezz-secure.r
- MAKE module! modified to work like MAKE object! on top level set-words (bind/only/set).
- CAUSE-ERROR cleanup.
View.exe 2.100.52 7-May-2009
Implements more security policies and enhancements to the SECURE function. This is a good time for users to review the SECURE function (type: source secure). Notes are posted on the R3 blog: Notes about Secure
View.exe 2.100.51 5-May-2009
- 0034 Vector mold
- 0314 system/script/path not set
- 0350 Some vector! formats are invalid (correct: they now show as errors)
- 0458 EQUAL? and other comparison don't work with vector!
- 0459 FIRST, LAST assume vector! has one-based index
- 0460 MAXIMUM-OF / MINIMUM-OF does not yield anything useful with vector!
- 0461 PROBE does not yield anything useful with vector
- 0462 HEAD / TAIL do not work with vector!
- 0463 cannot COPY vector!
- 0464 MAP does not work with vector!
- 0628 REBOL loses its args
- 0732 Extra line at top of MOLD/only output
- 0734 SELECT/SKIP with negative or zero skip size hangs R3
- 0735 FIND/SKIP with negative or zero skip size hangs R3
- 0736 SORT/SKIP with zero or negative skip size reports incorrect error
- 0737 NEW-LINE/SKIP with negative or zero skip size shows inconsistent behavior
- 0738 MAXIMUM-OF/SKIP with zero skip size hangs R3
- 0739 MINIMUM-OF/SKIP with zero skip size hangs R3
- 0740 MOVE/SKIP does not report error on zero skip size, which is inconsistent.
- 0742 date! and time! behave inconsistently when index is out of range
- 0744 call and launch do not work on Mac OS X
- 0747 conversion binary to decimal!
- 0748 Make VECTOR! of same index-base as other series
- FUNCTOR has been removed due to lack of use, it'll be in R3/Plus.
View.exe 2.100.50 29-Apr-2009
- 0447 Closures no longer bind 'self
- 0595 Setting SELF in object no longer allowed
- 0731 HALT works again
- 0470 HTTP of bad URL no longer blows out
- 0492 ROUND fixed for money! values, but, more to do.
- 0401 remainder (//) fixed for money!
- 0725 mold/all molds map! correctly
- 0484 POSITIVE? and NEGATIVE? do not accept CHAR!
- 0480 ENCLOAK, removed comment
- MONEY! datatype updated with some small changes.
- DECIMAL! comparision method changed. Should work better for ranges close to zero.
View.exe 2.100.49 25-Apr-2009
- On OSX: BROWSE function now works. You can use these helper functions now: DOCS, BUGS, WHY?, and also the G command in CHAT.
- 544 Expose internal COLLECT-WORDS function
- 542 FOREACH [key value] should work on object!
- 722 FOREACH [key value] should work on map!
- 723 FOREACH [ref: key value] for map! or object!
- 713 r3.exe does not quit after evaluating script
- 711 Weird error with PROTECT/hide and MAKE
- 717 loss of error message when function words are duplicate
- 597 Have REFLECT map! 'body return the same thing as TO BLOCK! map!
- 708 APPEND to object of block of odd length can crash
- 718 MOLD decimal
- 719 MOLD paren
- Various mezz cleanups due to above FOREACH and COLLECT-WORDS changes.
- Doc titles for all to- functs.
- Minimize the startup banner when run with script arg.
- any-object! typeset added
- Various small func doc changes
View.exe 2.100.48 11-Apr-2009
- This is a test/educational release of the SECURE function. This is for guru developers only. For other users, this release is no different than A47. See DevBase chat for detail about changes.
View.exe 2.100.47 9-Apr-2009
- Fixes a few problems in command line options. All options should now be getting passed to instrinsic/begin.
- Updated instrinsic/begin to fix a few bugs and clean it up.
- Use --help (or -?) to see supported command line options.
- Use --verbose to display the command line options on startup.
View.exe 2.100.46 9-Apr-2009
- Major changes to SYSTEM object, to advance it toward 3.0 finalization. Type ? system to view the new structure. Noteworthy are:
- System/state holds internal state that does not belong in system/options (because they are not options, they are system variables). Some fields may be hidden for security.
- Codecs have been moved from system/catalog to top, because they are like modules.
- System/catalog is officially defined as immutable objects and blocks. (So, since the codecs list can change, it does not belong there.)
- Unused system subobjects have been removed (e.g. system/user) . If later we find them useful, they can be added, but no need to clutter the system with them now.
- Command line args are now processed and can be accessed from system/options. See next item for details.
- Major changes to SYSTEM/options object.
- Flags is a block of words, each word for each flag set on command line. For example, --help is flags/help. The block is terminated with TRUE to allow the path selection method, e.g. if system/options/flags/help ...
- The system/options/quiet field was kept, even though it dups flags/quiet (for compatibility).
- Various fields now reflect what was passed on the startup command line. This includes args, do-args, import, debug, secure, and version. All of these except 'args are converted to values/blocks.
- Intrinsic/begin was changed to reflect these options, and can now be moved forward (more work needed).
- System/standard/header should be used instead of system/standard/script (which is still there for compat.)
- System/words was kept for now, but should be removed soon. The global environment of the system is no longer an absolute. The closest is system/contexts/exports, which defines the exported functions of the system (but user defined functions will not appear there.)
- Secure mezzanine has been added, but it is just a placeholder for now. It has special bindings to the state/policies block.
- Usage mezzanine updated to show the currently supported options.
- Various bugs fixed. See CureCode fixes for A46.
View.exe 2.100.45 7-Apr-2009
- The FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD reflectors have been removed for functions and objects. This is the fix for bug#660. This will break R2 scripts that use those words for reflection. Use the WORDS-OF, VALUES-OF, SPEC-OF, and BODY-OF reflectors instead of ordinal selectors (makes code a lot more clear too). Make comments on R3 chat (DevBase).
- The HTTP protocol was updated (to remove the above cases.)
- Fixes bug#692 in LOAD function.
- The UPGRADE function now downloads from REBOL.com website. The problem with non-windows versions getting a file suffix is fixed for future upgrades.
- The CHANGES function has been added to open the browser to this page.
- New error messages, changes and cleanup in error messages
View.exe 2.100.44 5-Apr-2009
- PROTECT/hide added, hides variables by disabling any future binding or lookup operations. Note that /hide takes precedence over reflection.
- UNBIND added, unbinds a block of words. Supports /deep.
View.exe 2.100.43 4-Apr-2009
- Extends the PROTECT native to make any series or object read-only. Adds the /deep and /words refinements. (Details also provided in R3 Blog on protect changes)
- Similar changes for UNPROTECT.
View.exe 2.100.42 1-Apr-2009
- Added codecs for PNG (decode/encode) and GIF (decode)
- Added 'identify action to codecs (DO-CODEC internal).
- Added 'type field to codec objects.
- Added ENCODING? function. Given a binary!, asks codecs to identify it.
- Improved codec error handling
- Major changes to LOAD: load/next, load block (multi-load), other.
View.exe 2.100.41 31-Mar-2009
- Adds DECODE and ENCODE functions
- Adds decoders and encoders (system/catalog/codecs)
- Modifies SAVE and LOAD functions for file types (e.g. load %pic.jpg)
- Adds two internal codecs: BMP (decode/encode), JPEG (decode)
- Groundwork for external codecs (next release)
View.exe 2.100.40 27-Mar-2009
Note: The Linux .4.2 build has been switched to Ubuntu, and the Fedora build is now .4.3 to avoid confusion.
- Adds NEEDS field to headers for importing modules.
- Fixes bug in RESOLVE, adds the /only refinement. (RESOLVE copies from one context to another, mapping properly from word to word. Docs updated.)
View.exe 2.100.39 26-Mar-2009
- New TRANSCODE function interface, requires UTF-8 binary input only, adds refinements partial translation or errors-as-values. See docs.
- Adds to CONSTRUCT the /only refinement to ignore any evaluation of field values (keep them as-is).
- Improves HELP to search all doc strings and values (args too) when a string input is used. Also adds HELP/doc as shortcut to online documentation pages for specific functions.
View.exe 2.100.38 25-Mar-2009
- Implements more of IMPORT for modules (R3 docs updated for concepts: Load Modules)
- Integrates changes and fixes for LOAD and DO (from BrianH)
- Adds the ASSERT function (R3 docs updated)
- Adds the SPEED? function (try it)
- Fixes a number of bugs (as listed in CureCode, under A38)
View.exe 2.100.37 26-Feb-2009
- Fixes most of the major problems in CONSTRUCT that cause problems with LOAD.
- Integrates many (but not all) DevBase changes (see CureCode).
- Fixes a few minor bugs (see CureCode).
- Fixes TRIM on blocks and objects.
- Improves SAVE to easily save header objects. If the block being saved includes a header object, /header true will save it automatically, trimming out the empty (NONE) fields from the header.
- UPGRADE system improved to help automate the process and to deal with multiple platforms being on different release versions.
- EXISTS? now returns the type of the file! or url! as a word ('file or 'dir), or none if the file doesn't exist.
View.exe 2.100.36 25-Feb-2009
- Includes major fixes to CHANGE, INSERT, and APPEND related to /PART and other refinements. This release is much more consistent with R2 for these functions (but, some differences still exist, which are generally improvements to undefined cases.)
- Fixes a few minor bugs (see CureCode when it comes back online.)
View.exe 2.100.35 24-Feb-2009
- Fixes graphics, GUI, and DEMO.
- Fixes #579 MAKE or TO MAP! of a object! spec
- Fixes #566 IN crash when used on a paren!
- Fixes #454 make image! 88x88 => Crash
- Fixes #417 Display of past-tail series
- Fixes #373 take/part, negative range past head doesn't work
- Fixes #182 FIND-SCRIPT searches for header as uppercase only, doesn't work on string!
View.exe 2.100.34 22-Feb-2009
- Fixes a bug in FIND that caused crashes at times.
- WHY? now opens browser to R3 errors section on R3 Doc wiki.
- Moves DOCS link to R3 Doc wiki.
View.exe 2.100.33 28-Jan-2009
Adds the DEMO function for giving new users a way to test drive it. Also provides actual GUI code for the LOAD-GUI download function, using the current developer prototype GUI. More on this is in development.
View.exe 2.100.32 23-Jan-2009
These bugs were fixed:
- 555 Make map! of map!
- 554 Decrement native
- 553 Error message for specific case
- 551 Result of append on object
- 550 Integer to binary conversion
- 548 To date with negative years
- 545 Time zone problem
- 541 Map native with empty var set
- 540 Foreach native with empty var set
- 533 Get-env native
View.exe 2.100.31 14-Jan-2009
- Mainly a test of UPGRADE mechanism. (If you type UPGRADE, it will tell you if there is a newer version and offer to download the new exe file from the REBOL.com site.)
- Fixes HALT bug#530
- Fixes FORMAT bug#532
View.exe 2.100.30 12-Jan-2009
- No longer private. A URL will be provided.
- UPGRADE function will check for updates.
- Future versions will download as needed from REBOL.com.
- Type DOCS -- please read that page.
- Type CHAT to talk about it.
View.exe 2.100.29 9-Jan-2009 (private)
- Cleanup on DO intrinsic and LOAD mezz functions, also fixes problematic cases, even some existing in R2. Also, deals with headers in a more consistent manner.
- FUNCT added. Auto defines all body-scoped as locals, so programmers don't have to. We have found it is very useful. Note that SET was modified in earlier versions to allow SET words within its block. (Also, be warned that setting globals requires extra code such as using SET.)
- FUNCTOR added. Essentially, this is a function that keeps its locals alive between calls. Technically, it is a object-embodied function. It holds persistent state (like an object) but has a single entry point like a function. Useful for things like event handling, where event flow causes side effects on a state machine.
- EXTEND added as a mezz helper to extend an object, map, or block type with a word and value pair. (Easier than APPEND for this common case.)
- OBJECT added as easy and clear way to make an object, even if definition block contains no values.
- TRUE? added to return valid LOGIC! only (that can be used as a selector for functions like PICK.)
- WHY? added as a help function to show documentation related to the last error that occurred. (Highly beneficial to new users.)
- CHAT and NEWS helpers actually do something now. However, the code they fetch (from the web) is still in progress.
- CLEAN-PATH now removes "//" for files, but allows them for URLs.
Special thanks to Brian Hawley for his contributions to many of these features.
View.exe 2.100.28 6-Jan-2009 (private)
- Merges DevBase contributions made by Brian Hawley.
- LOAD and DO work much better now. For example, DO handles change-dir properly for scripts that DO other scripts. System/script tracks script chaining.
- Other functions have been restored to prior versions as a result of this and the fixes from in 2.100.27.
View.exe 2.100.27 5-Jan-2009 (private)
- Boot banner cleanup for release.
- Boot help note added.
- Removed miscellaneous debug startup messages.
- New help functions added, read R3 startup notice. (Some still pending.)
- System/build date now shows as UTC.
- Fixes to problems as indicated in [CureCode]].
View.exe 2.100.26 4-Jan-2009 (private)
- Fixes MOLD and FORM on PATH! (were missing the / separators)
- Fixes MOLD and FORM for TAG! (were missing the angle brackets, making it difficult to generate HTML output).