What is Rebol?
Rebol is a lightweight programming language. We claim that Rebol's unique design makes it more productive than other languages. Great leverage comes from Rebol's concept of domain specific sub-languages called dialects. Learn more.
Most software systems are needlessly complex. We rebel against complexity and fight it with the most powerful tool available: language itself.
- No More Licenses Required
Rebol/Command v2 and related commercial products will soon become free downloads and no longer require purchasing of a license. We'd like to move our builds to a cloud server. We can handle Linux, but we need help with Windows and OSX builds. Know how? If so, please volunteer to help.
- Modernizing the Website
We'd like to modernize the Rebol.com website with better CSS styles and improved support for mobile viewing. We could use some help with this. If you know CSS and simple ways to improve our site, please contact us.
- Red Language Blockchain Tokenomics
Congratulations to the Red Language on introducing a new economics of "tokenomics" through a significant enhancement in blockchain technology. Red is an offspring of Rebol and has gained considerable momentum in recent years. Its ICO in January will help fund future Red development and a variety of related projects. We look forward to watching it grow. Read more about it here.
- Improving Communications
The website feedback form has been fixed to send us an email now. It's the easiest way to contact us.
- 64-bit Rebol/core for Linux
Preliminary release found on REBOL Free Downloads.
- Rebol for ARM beta release
Both Rebol/core and Rebol/view ARM v7 beta have been released for testing. Go to REBOL Free Downloads.
- Rebol/view desktop scripts work again
The scripts on rebol.net were marked executable which caused them the fail to download. For example, scripts in the Tests folder on the viewtop run again.
- If you are new to Rebol, we encourage you to dive in and learn a better way to program. Go to the Documents section for tutorials and examples.
- The rebol.net developer site is online again with the prior structure and content. Some services are still offline. We know about these problems and will fix them as soon as possible.
- Rebol 2 is still available here. It is no longer supported, but we have a small maintenance fix planned and will make it available. Watch this page for announcements.
- Rebol 3 is widely available via github.com and other web sites. It is open source under Apache 2.0 (free and free).
A useful resource for new programmers who want to see the primary functions and types in a single glance.