R3.0 Plan for November 2009
- R3 Project Plan, the task list, was revised, updated, and reformatted.
- Ten new alpha releases, with dozens of fixes and improvements. Although we didn't hit our 80-ticket goal, we did reach the milestone of closing more than 1000 tickets. The CureCode tracker progress chart looks like this as of the first week of November:
- More improvements and fixes were made to the parse function, basically wrapping up its primary enhancements for 3.0. Read the R3 Change Log for specific details.
- Unicode format detection added to READ/string, including UTF-16 decoding.
- Serious revisions to standard I/O handling. Note that I/O redirection is now functioning, so we posted an example CGI script on rebol.net for testing.
- Began pulling together marketing ideas, including many user suggestions. The goal being to build a better marketing plan, which also will be reflected on our website. I'd like to thank those of you who contributed marketing ideas. A lot to think about there.
- Opened REBOL Consulting again to provide commercial development and support services.
Goals for November
It's a busy month, so we're keeping the list simple:
- Personally, I'd like the marketing plan to be settled, with the start of website changes to reflect it.
- Release the Host environment, including source code and makefiles to key developers for testing and review.
- Check-off more tasks from the Project Plan.