R3 DevBase Quick Start
A very short introduction.
Return to R3 DevBase Chat Forum
- Run R3 and type chat to start DevBase.
- Type new-user to get a new account. See R3 DevBase Accounts and Login.
- You can now type various commands. See R3 DevBase Commands for the full list.
- Messages are posted under headings (topics).
- Headings can have sub-headings.
- Every message and heading has a unique id number.
Here's what most users do most often:
|n||to list new messages|
|lb||to display messages in a browser window (for nicer output)|
|number||to view that specific message or topic.|
|enter||to read next message|
|g||to goto a URL or #message|
|r||to reply to a message|
|p||to post a new message in current topic|
|pu||to post a private message to a user|
|f||to search for text|
|fh||to search for a topic|
- ? for simple help
- ?? for full command list
- help to open to these web site pages