REBOL/View 1.3 Release Summary
View 1.3 is a milestone release for REBOL; not only does it include a large number of fixes and enhancements, but it is the first release of REBOL built with significant contributions from the REBOL community.
Here are some of the highlights:
- More than 60 new functions added
- More than 50 functions updated for better performance, tighter code, or more natural semantic behavior
- More than 200 bugs eliminated
- 50 "wishes" granted
- Command Shell access and Sound are now available in the free version! (View/Pro adds encryption (RSA, DH, DSA, AES, Rijndael, and Blowfish) and dynamic library access, direct from REBOL)
- Networking improvements (ESMTP for authenticated email, new FTP, HTTP head)
- New garbage collector, faster and more reliable
- Improved image datatype implementation, plus new refinements, and new functions for color conversion
- All new draw effect for better scalar vector graphics. Based on AGG library from Antigrain.com.
- Parse enhancements (deeper recursion, RETURN and THROW support)
- VID Face accessors and doc objects (easier for beginners, less code for experts).
- New modal system for VID (all new implementation)
- Enhanced path datatype evaluation (evaluation of lit paths, allow parens)
- Better support for dialects by allowing word evaluation without loss of security (reduce/only)
Missing image: /http://www.rebol.com/graphics/download-view13.gif