REBOL Hosting Service Providers
We're gathering a list of Internet/web hosting service providers that are friendly to running REBOL scripts. We are quite "picky" and over the years we've gone through many providers before finding these good ones.
See also: Blog discussion on it.
Shares a server with other websites. If your scripts run as CGI or CRON, then this is a low cost way to go:
- Inmotionhosting.com, Marina del Rey, CA, USA
This is where REBOL.com has been based for many years. We run web-site, CGI, CRON, email and other services from here. Includes control panel.
- Hostmonster.com, Provo, UT, USA
Many of our secondary sites operate from here. Allows multiple virtual hosts per account for a very reasonable price. Includes control panel.
Virtual Private Hosting (Cloud)
For more control, greater security, and just a bit more money, you can operate your own virtual server, complete with root account, all ports, and full control:
- Linode, Absecon, NJ, USA
This is how we host DevBase as a full time process, along with a REBOL-based Cheyenne web server, and other processes. Pick what package and OS you need, and it's up and running in minutes. And of course, REBOL runs on all of them without installation.
I'm sure there are several more out there, but until now, we did not keep a list.
- Let us know if you have additional recommendations; however, it must be based on your own experiences with REBOL on their service.
- If it's important to get them on this list because they advertise that they are REBOL-friendly, but you've not experienced their service, then request a six month evaluation account, and get some experience with them first.
- In addition, if you have a horrible experience with a provider on our list, let us know about that too.
- Also note: if you post a service, but we cannot determine their business location (address), then we will not list them. Reliable hosting companies always publish their main office location (even though their data centers may be in different places.)
Here's how to contact us.
How to Install REBOL on a Hosting Provider?
No installation is required. Simply copy the REBOL executable file onto the server and set execute permissions. If you're using CGI, then a few other security steps may be necessary. See Quick and Easy CGI - A Beginner's Tutorial and Guide.