REBOL 2.7 Changes
Section: REBOL Change Logs
Updated 3-Jan-2021/17:17:21 UTC - (F5 to reload)
REBOL 2.7.8 1-Jan-2011
- New native functions or features
- access-os (OS-related natives to run Cheyenne)
- list-env (returns a block)
- secure for envr functions
- secure for run (uses call word)
- Windows registry and other environment
- Add environment expansion to get-env function, converting paths like %appdata% .
- Add /values refinement to list-reg to return a block of value names for any registry entry.
- Enable run function? Use ShellExecute for launch via file associations?
- R2/Forward (source: DevBase)
- Unix helpers: cd ls more pwd rm
- ascii? fixes
- latin1? fixes
- resolve (unless native)
- funct with /extern refinement
- delta-time (dt alias) added
- speed? function added (preliminary)
- SDK and more
- Delay DNS and sound subtask forking (for leaner server operation and allows setuid from root to user)
- SDK encap changed use mold/all.
- Fixes SDK's Command boot problem.
- SDK Icon fix (2.7.7 had old, non XP compatible icon)
- browse works better in Linux.
- Misc RAMBO bugs fixed
- Merge Graham's HTTP fixes (source: DevBase)
- Bug 4348: encoded literals not processed correctly when encapped
- Bug 4397: yes is not evaluated with construct
- Bug 4404: HTTP-scheme forwarding from HTTPS to HTTP
- Bug 4405: HTTP-scheme forwarding POST request
- Bug 4406: Missing char in net-utils/url-parser/path-char
- Bug 4408: Exponent with negative numbers gives error
REBOL 2.7.7 1-Jan-2010
- View/Pro features enabled: allowing SSL, ODBC, and encryption
- Adds R2/Forward mezzanine functions (from Brian Hawley)
- Re-enables installation and proper view-root startup (appdata dir on Win32)
- Install and uninstall added to ViewTop GUI panels
- Fixes LOAD with PORTS that return strings to be loaded as blocks.
- Fixes Decode-CGI for url-encoded variables (e.g. used by Flash)
- Fixes Strict-not-equal? of integers and adds != and !== operators
Prior updates can be found on the R2 Updates Blog (frozen).