REBOL 3.0 Alpha Public Release
Have you been curious about REBOL 3.0? Today, through the efforts of the alpha release team, you can now give 3.0 a try.
Historically, the REBOL 3.0 project was defined two years ago, and major design efforts began about a year ago. The first private prototype versions were sent to a few testers in mid-2007, and later with increasing involvement from the REBOL community, we created this public alpha release.
Now, before I link to the URL, there are a few things you should know:
- It's an alpha, not a beta. So, beware and be nice. It works, but it's not final and you'll find bugs and missing pieces.
- It's important to read the readme. We kept it short and sweet for that reason.
- There's no support. Read the readme to find out what we mean.
- This release includes DocBase alpha too. So, now you can officially access the new REBOL document wiki and help us to build on it in the months ahead.
- There will be more alphas. This is the first of many. We would like to ship them often. The next alpha will incorporate Unicode, so it's going to be critical to test it carefully.
And finally, I would like to thank the developers who helped make this release happen. In alpha order by area:
- BrianH, Cyphre, Gabriele, Ladislav - system code, examples, docs
- Anton, BTiffin, Giuseppe, Gregg, Henrik - examples, docs
- Maarten - project manager
- Pekr - executive project evangelist/cheerleader
So, now, the URL:
REBOL 3.0 Home Page