Comments on: Time for Weekly Builds
As you know, it has been our goal to do more frequent updates to REBOL 2.6. I know I am repeating myself on that statement.
Unfortunately, with the heavy equipment dedicated to constructing REBOL 3.0, I have come to wonder if REBOL 2.6 improvements will happen.
Sassenrath constructing REBOL 3.0 (17-Nov-2006)
I think the best solution is to build new versions weekly.
I know some of you dislike that approach, but I think it has become necessary at this point.
Here's what it means to developers:
- Small changes, updated frequently.
- Not all requested changes or RAMBO fixes are made at the same time. Small steps.
- Bigger changes as possible.
- Some transparent changes, such as moving to a new compiler, etc.
- Beware: the release number will "spin" rapidly. E.g. 2.6.3, 2.6.5, 2.6.6...
- A new Update News page has been created for notes and as a forum for your comments (powered by blogger.r).
- RT will do the unit testing, but the REBOL community (you) must do the general testing.
- Updates will be uploaded to the builds area on REBOL.net.
- The squeaky wheels get the grease. (I hope that translates to French, Italian, etc.) If you got a problem that needs a fix, tell us. (Don't just post it on a message board and expect we will see it.)
- Submitted code powers the engine. That is, if you provide a clean, tested examples/fixes, it will be included sooner rather than later.
- Some of the less popular platforms will be built on demand, not automatically.
- Changes inconsistent with REBOL 3.0 will not be added. When those happen, we will explain why.
And finally, when an update looks stable and of high quality, we will make it an official release (including SDK updates) on the REBOL.com site. That way everyone can benefit from the updates.
Such an awesome article, these many days, doubts in multiple concepts were bothering me, I started searching through books and net, but doubt was not cleared, thank you so much for providing this article, helped me a lot
software testing training in chennai
Post a Comment:
You can post a comment here. Keep it on-topic.