Progress Report for Mac OS X
A number of useful improvements have been made to the Mac OS X version of REBOL:
- Timers enabled - most of the Viewtop demos now work.
- Clipboard support - you can now cut and paste text.
- Native file requestors - Mac users will be happy about that.
- Apple command-keys translated - We currently map them to the control keys. This allows things like CMD-V (paste) to mean the same
as CTRL-V, automatically making most REBOL scripts Mac friendly.
- Mouse wheel vertical scrolling - with option key support for accelerated speed.
- Image datatype RGB byte order - corrected for all big-endian OS X CPUs. This problem caused many of the image functions and refinements to work incorrectly. All have been fixed.
- Enface (View Encap) is working - It works well enough that we tested it with AltME (which ran quite nicely on OSX!)
The current build of REBOL for OS X can be found on the Test Versions page. Note that it must be run from the Terminal (not bundled, so not from an icon).